Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Salad is not for skinny girls

I live with two skinny girls and watching them eat is painful at times. The joy of food evaporates off them. I love when they get drunk and eat pasta. I love when they get drunk in general because they probably needed that. But, today I ate like them. Salad. I woke up mad and timid at the same time. Then I realized I needed a salad. Salads do good things to you. I make mine with spinach and tuna. I did not have these things so in my PJ's I went to my natural foods store. They had some great tuna. I say great because anything from Italy is great. And most likely attractive.


Lena Fay's Tuna:
Drain your tuna
3 Tablespoons Vegenaise
splash of good mustard
1/8 a finely chopped red onion
1 finely chopped celery stick
salt
pepper


I am a meat eater. Why the Veganaise? Look at the ingredients on your Mayo jar. That's some genetically modified bad stuff. And, from those days when I was a Vegan (Lent), I have learned Veganaise is amazing.
Put that stuff on a bed of spinach and you will be full and happy. And you will probably be kind of skinny, just not super skinny.

1 comment:

  1. I was so hoping there would be a new post today! I can go to sleep happy. I feel you, girlfriend. The joy of salad is usually lost on me. I'd rather be kind of a chunkster than live on salads. Unless it's a seitan buffalo wing, soy blue cheese and vegan ranch salad. I could live on those.

    ReplyDelete